Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Rates..Always good to take stock of where we've been and where we are today.

I always track rates. I live for rates.  Daily morning rates, mid-day price improvement, late market deterioration. It's as close as I will get to being a wall street trader ala my favorite hotel thrasher Charlie Sheen, which is just fine with this California boy.

When someone asks me what the rates are and I tell them. I will many times get back, "That's too high,  and so and so is offering -0.009% with no fees at all. In fact, the lender said I would get a vacation to Hawaii, and a new car!!" Obviously the later is a shot at levity. But the point being is that many people say many things, and sometimes they are actually speaking the truth or at least comparing apples to apples. Sadly I'd say the majority of mortgage quotes given on websites are half truths at best and many times just plain wrong.

Go to bankrate.com and see the average lowest possible rates - then call the person you know or trust, whether they are a broker, lender, DRE, DOC, CRLMA, NMLS, NORML (the later again a shot at levity), and complete the loan process with them.

Until you complete the application process, and I mean ALL the loan application fields filled out, all income doc, all assets information. Yes, I want all the pages of the bank statements. No, I don't care you get massages at Madam Wong's in the city. Tell your mortgage professional what you want. If we can get it, we'll give it to you. Then and ONLY then, will you know what your loan terms will end up looking like.

But look at this chart - and marvel at your timing...Money is as close to free than it's ever been; whether you believe that is a good thing or not rates are dirt cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment